Where are you from?
你从哪里来?
对话 Dialogue
Where to, miss?
小姐,去哪儿?
Hi! Crenshaw and Hawthorne, at the Holiday Inn that is on that corner.
你好!克伦肖和霍桑,在那个拐角的假日酒店。
Sure thing. So, where are you flying in from?
没问题。那么,你从哪儿飞来的?
From China.
从中国。
Really? You don’t look very Chinese to me, if you don’t mind me saying so.
真的吗?恕我直言,你看起来不太像中国人。
It’s fine. I am actually from Mexico. I was in China on a business trip, visiting some local companies that manufacture bathroom products.
没关系。我其实来自墨西哥。我去中国出差,拜访了一些生产卫浴产品的当地公司。
Wow sounds interesting! Excuse me if I am being a bit nosy but, how old are you?
哇,听起来很有趣!恕我冒昧,你多大了?
Don’t you know it’s rude to ask a lady her age?
你不知道问女士年龄很不礼貌吗?
Don’t get me wrong! It’s just that you seem so young and already doing business overseas!
别误会!只是你看起来这么年轻,就已经在海外做生意了!
Well thank you! In that case, I am 26 years old, and what about yourself?
谢谢!那好吧,我26岁,你呢?
I am 40 years old and was born and raised here in the good old U.S of A, although I have some Colombian heritage.
我40岁,土生土长在美国,不过有一些哥伦比亚血统。
Really? That’s great! Do you speak some Spanish?
真的吗?太好了!你会说西班牙语吗?
Uh... yeah.. of course!
呃...是的...当然会!
Que bien! Entonces podemos hablar en espanol!
太棒了!那我们可以说西班牙语了!