Health Insurance
健康保险
对话 Dialogue
Hey honey, how was your day?
嘿,亲爱的,今天过得怎么样?
It was alright. I ran into Bill and we got to talking for a while. He’s in a bit of a jam.
还行吧。我碰见了比尔,聊了一会儿。他有点麻烦。
Why? What happened?
怎么了?发生什么事了?
Well, his son had an accident and Bill doesn’t have health insurance. This really got me thinking, and I wondered if we shouldn’t look into a couple of different HMO’s.
嗯,他儿子出了意外,比尔没有医疗保险。这让我想了很多,我在想我们是不是也该看看几个不同的健康维护组织(HMO)。
Yeah, you’re right. We aren’t getting any younger and our kids are getting older.
是啊,你说得对。我们都不年轻了,孩子也越来越大了。
Exactly! I searched on the web and found a couple of HMO’s with low co pays and good coverage. The deductibles are low, too.
没错!我在网上查了查,找到了几个共付额低、保障好的HMO。免赔额也很低。
Sounds good, although, do you think we can qualify for insurance? Those insurance companies are real pirates when it comes to money.
听起来不错,不过你觉得我们能符合保险条件吗?那些保险公司在钱的问题上可都是些海盗。
Well, we don’t have any pre-existing illnesses or conditions, so we should be fine.
嗯,我们没有任何既存疾病或健康问题,所以应该没问题。
I wish our company or country provided us with healthcare.
真希望我们的公司或国家能给我们提供医疗保障。
Not in a million years!
做梦去吧!