Fundraiser
筹款活动
对话 Dialogue
Ok Mark, it’s your turn to ring the doorbell. I did it last time.
好了马克,轮到你按门铃了。上次是我按的。
I hate going door to door, and I hate asking for money.
我讨厌挨家挨户敲门,也讨厌找人要钱。
But we need to raise enough money for the school fundraiser so that our class can win the pizza party! You do want to have a pizza party, don’t you?
但是我们需要为学校的筹款活动募到足够的钱,这样我们班才能赢得披萨派对!你确实想吃披萨派对,对吧?
Yes, but...
是的,但是……
Just go already!
快去吧!
No one’s coming.
没人来开门。
Try again.
再按一次。
Maybe there’s no one home.
也许家里没人。
Of course there’s someone home! There are two cars in the driveway and I see lights on in the house! Hello! Anybody home? We would like to know if you want to sponsor us in our school fundraiser. Fifty percent of the profits go towards the new school playground!
当然有人在家!车道上停着两辆车,我还看到屋子里亮着灯!喂!有人在家吗?我们想问您愿不愿意赞助我们的学校筹款活动。百分之五十的利润将用于新建学校操场!
I don’t know why anyone would want what’s in this catalog anyway. It’s just a bunch of tacky Christmas ornaments, Cd’s of old people singing Christmas songs, and special crackers and cheeses and boxes of chocolates.
我也不知道为什么会有人想要这本目录里的东西。全是些俗气的圣诞装饰品、老年人唱圣诞歌的CD、特制饼干、奶酪和盒装巧克力。
You don’t like chocolates?
你不喜欢巧克力吗?
Not this kind. They’ve got weird names like ganache and praline.
不是这种。它们有奇怪的名字,像甘纳许和果仁糖。
Look! I just saw someone walking around inside! These people are being very rude!
看!我刚才看到有人在里面走动!这些人太没礼貌了!
Finally, someone’s coming!
终于有人来了!
They don’t look too happy.
他们看起来不太高兴。
Hi, sir. Would you like to sponsor us or make a donation to.
您好,先生。您愿意赞助我们或者捐款给……
What grade are you kids in?
你们是几年级的?
Grade seven.
七年级。
Then for goodness sake, don’t you see this sign? Can’t you read?
那你们看在老天爷的份上,没看到这个牌子吗?你们不识字吗?
No soliciting.
禁止推销。
What does that mean?
那是什么意思?
No idea.
不知道。